Sunday, August 21, 2005

Got an initiative n inspiration to write something after a real long time;Thanx to Pradnya.

Now that i have started scribbling something on the paper.. well not really coz I am typing ..I wonder if coming generations would ever write anything on paper .. :)

Last weekend had been to my cousin's(Anjutai) place in Philadelphia. We had a mini gettogether after a real long time. One of my cousin brother,Ninad has come through a software company in India to work in Jersey City and nother cousin brother,Abhijit is here to do his MBA at University of Chicago.

I started from Princeton Junction(NJ) after work and had to meet Ninad at Trenton station(NJ). We were going to meet each other after a long five years. I was wondering if I could recognise him and also if I fail if he can :). Well turned out that it was not a hassle at all ... we found each other almost immediately and were all set to go and catch our next train to Phili. While in train Anjutai gave us a call .. Hey ! did u guys meet up ? did u recognise each other... hehe ..

When we arrived in Phili Anjutai and Abhijit had come to pick us up at the station. It was a nice reunion. That night we had a hearty dinner with lot of dishes in our plates and sweet memories to top it all .

The next day we all went to this beach in Delware,Rehoboth beach. It is a good two hours drive from Phili. All our bags were stuffed with food,drinks and several goodies packed for the entire day. Loaded with all beach wears, chairs and umbrellas and most of all, excitement, we began our trip to the beach.

As we came closer to the beach we realised we were not the only 30 odd people venturing out to the beach that day. There was a long queue of cars finding a spot to park. Luckily we got a spot close to the beach. While in the car all of us put sunscreen lotion( i think bathed in it would be a better word.. hehe)

At the beach, the crowd was no lesser than on any beach in India, everywhere I could find big colorful umbrellas and people relaxing under them. We found a good spot to settle down spread out our sheets, arranged the chairs,opened the umbrellas. All uncles and aunties, grandmas and grandpas started their respective chit chats and me my cousins and the kids were all set to go into water.

Ever since I have come to US I had wished to visit a beach and take a dip in the Atlantic Ocean, that I had crossed a couple of times(by air :D). The first splash of this ocean was amazing, the water was so chilly as against the real hot and sultry weather.No sooner we all were drenched in amusement and of course the water :) ..

After playing in the water for a couple of hours we had a good sumptous meal of sandwiches, parathas, chips and cool drinks. Volleyball game was next on cards, even though it was sunny and hot we played two intense games packed with friendly fights over the score. :)

In the evening after taking a shower in the clean water and getting into some dry clothes we strolled on the board walk, enjoyed some funnel cakes played some games. The kids were having a gala time.

By the end of the day all of us were so drained out , in our journey back home we all had a nice nap except for my Anjutai's hubby,Sunil who had to drive us back. He did a real nice job of organising everything, a real enthusiast!! Kudos to, Sunil.

This was a not so small account(my first blog) of trip to the Rehoboth beach , I am sure all of us would remember this trip for a long time to come and would definitely bring nice memories and smiles on all our faces when we would talk about it after a few(?) years.

2 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, August 21, 2005, Blogger PH said...

A very verbose and vivid description!

Beaches are fun! I really miss Bombay and its awesome beaches!

 
At 12:27 PM, August 23, 2005, Blogger Maverick said...

sounds a fun trip! and ofcourse you must have stunned your relatives with ur atheletic skills in volleyball ;)
champion..wats next?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home