Friday, December 30, 2005

Yet Another year !!!

I feel it was just yesterday when I graduated and left my 3.5 yrs old home town(Lexington) and went to my cousins place in Phoenix, in hope to find a JOB.

I still remember the mixed feeling I had while leaving Lex ... I was excited to go and stay with my cousin A ,in a new place and relax for a while, however on the other hand I was sad that I am leaving Lex where I met so many people made some real great friends and have loads of sweet memories which would always remain with me.

Well as someone has said 'Life must go on' and walking on those lines I set my foot out in the world away from my school, my friends ;with a mixture of apprehension and excitement.

Phoenix was a great place but very different from KY ...the lush greenery and horse farms that I was so used to seeing in KY were replaced by a desert landscape with palm trees and huge cactii.I was meeting my cousin after almost 2 yrs , we even cracked this silly joke on each other whether we would remember each other or not .. hehe !!! Neways it was wonderful meeting him after such a long time .. my stay in Phoenix was fun ... I remember the first day shopping for all the Indian Groceries .. masalas, vegetables .. surprised huh!! ... A doesnt like to cook and njoys eating outside all the time esp non indian food :) and I am quite the opposite ..hence the desi item shopping .. it was almost like setting up an entire kitchen !! It felt good to cook and eat together with A . My maushi was relieved in a way that he was getting ghar ka khana :) I used tp feel good about it ...:) !!
A has friends from Arizona State Univ .. they were really fun people . we used to meet every weekend.. hang out together .. go for movies .. play tennis sometimes.However unfortunately my job search did not yield any fruitful results and I decided to join a consultant in NJ (my last option) on one of my friends recommendation .. so I was set again for another journey from West to East
I joined this consultancy in Princeton . I had heard so many bad things about these consultancies ... accounting them would take up another blog:) . I was prepared for the worst ... one of the bad experience was for a whole week I did not have a proper place to stay , I was sick of carrying my bags all over the place in hope that that would be my apt .. finally on the 8th day I got an apt to stay ..it was a BIG relief !!
The training on QA tools had begun in full swing ... it was school days revisited.. assignments presentations... having fun (with different set of friends this time).. having potlucks every other weekend ... walk in the nights along the golf course behind our apartments :) ... i had a nice time there ... once the training was over the job interviews began .. one after the other and finally the day dawned.. I got a JOB in NYC!!!
I stayed in my friend G's house for a couple of weeks before I could find a new house/apt from where I could have a proper commute as I had firmly made up my mind not to stay in NYC even though some people did try to change my mind which refused to bend :) ... in a couple of weeks I got an apt in Edison NJ and my commute was by NJ Transit to NYC. I was and is still sharing my apt with a gujju lady from Amchi Mumbai !! I am enjoying my stay in Edison with loads of desis around and frequent visits to the Oak Tree road and also not to mention the regular supply of Dhokla in my house :) courtesy B my roomie ...

Today morning I was thinking to myself wow its New Year again !!!! As I sit back and think about things like what all I achieved during the past whole year .. what did I learn .. what did I miss .. hmm.. I feel this whole year has brought out a new me which I too was quite unaware it existed :) ... I have learned to be among people I havent met before.. make friends with them and be Happy!!! ... take things as they come ( really am I saying too much !!!???)..but yes to sum it all I can say that this year has given me both happiness and sorrow, excitement and dejection.
I wish the next year would give me much more and help me make a better person:) and be able to write a better blog on next years experience :D

4 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, December 31, 2005, Blogger Maverick said...

Nice mixed feelings about the year. Every year sure shapes our character and brings on new never before qualities onto us. As you mentioned, the bottomline is to have fun and enjoy our lives :)

 
At 11:29 AM, January 16, 2006, Blogger PH said...

Hey,

Days turn into months and months turn into years!You don't realize! And you have a bag of mixed feelings at the end of the year.

It's actually good to look back and remember the good things and feel good that the bad ones are over.

 
At 7:36 AM, February 24, 2006, Blogger PH said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:36 AM, February 24, 2006, Blogger PH said...

hey,

how come when i click on your profile, there is no link to your blog?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home