Saturday, January 19, 2008

Kya theme hai !!!

It was new years eve.. I was in Lexington with P and B .. getting ready to go to K's house for some dinner and masti. I had worn a white turtle neck sweater and jeans and was all set to go out , thats when P demanded I need to spice up my costume for the big night :) so out came all the jewelery, trinkets, P had and before I knew I was wearing a long beads necklace, big earrings, a nice scarf to go along and to my surprise and delight P had a very nice word to go with my newly donned accessories and the new me, it was my "theme" for the night .. which was btw brownish reddish blackish accessories over my white top .. hehe!!!!

This word 'theme' caught my attention subconsciously though when I realized many things or events that come across in our life have some theme to go with them. For instance the monthly pass for my commute also has some theme going on every month, every year .. isn't that amazing !!! Recently I visited Orlando, lo and behold what do we have there, again 4 huge Disney 'theme' parks.
I am sure one would find many instances of things, which have their theme going on .. it could be ranging from a particular interior of a house , a futuristic or an ethnic or an oriental theme to a music concert with a classical or rock or pop theme to a local restaurant with a maritime interior and delicious sea food.
From what I understand 'theme' is nothing but a 'unique unifying' idea which either could bring out people's interests, desires or in case of parks attract a particular set of crowd towards them.
Well isnt it fascinating to know that this 5 letter word would reflect so many shades of individual's lives, ones likes or dislikes, ones mood, ones desires, and could range from a simple arrangement of flowers in a vase, your collection of cutlery in the kitchen to deciding costume for a party or to as complex as building a whole park or even building a city for that matter.
Pondering and delving on this word on this chilly saturday afternoon, I cant help but wonder .. do I, as an individual have a theme defining my house, my costumes or my character in a broad sense. Hmm well on that note I bid farewell to this themy blog and set myself on the path to realize the 'themy' me .. hehe !!!

4 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, January 19, 2008, Blogger PH said...

Let us know if you build up another theme!

Hmm ... had a good time at New Years, dint we?

 
At 2:59 AM, February 11, 2008, Blogger Maverick said...

hey..long time and a post ..Good to see you blogging again..the theme for this is resurrection ;) ph told me about your new years..good to hear you all had nice fun.

 
At 2:27 PM, May 15, 2008, Blogger PH said...

hey, sleeping beauty! wake up from your deep slumber.

 
At 1:34 PM, May 20, 2008, Blogger PH said...

and blog about something!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home